Friday, March 8, 2013

Band Promo Photoshoot

Starting a new adventure this weekend as I have been asked to shoot some photos for a local Rock/Cover Band. The band's name is "In Harm's Way", and is part of a statewide music competition for high school students formed outside of the traditional music classroom. They have been selected to rock out in the Regional Competition on April 5th (I believe it is in Green Bay, WI). I was asked if I could do a shoot for them so they can create promo posters for the event. Even though this is out of my realm of landscape photography, I thought this would be a fun gig and accepted to do it.

For this shoot, we plan on this being held at the lake front and try some shots there. Depending on time I may then tag along with them and snap a few shots of them as they practice. One thing I do enjoy, is to capture candid photos more then the posed shots as it seems to tell more of a story and the pictures tend to draw the eye better.

Tomorrow, I will driving out to scope out the site of where the shoot is going to happen. I was told that there will be a lighthouse and a lot of rocks. I'm hoping that I can some how get this into the photo that matches their band name, or adds to the picture and not take away from the band. One issue that may be happening is that there is rain in the forecast.I'm hoping if it does rain, it is light enough to where it wont affect the band members' looks but may give it an edge in the photos.

My equipment for this shoot will be:
  • Nikon D7000
  • Nikon 50mm f/1.8
  • Tamron  24-70 f/2.8 Di
  • Tripod
  • SB-700 external flash (plan on putting this on the tripod)


I will be posting some photos on a follow up blog, explaining how I took the photo (settings, composure, and other details) and why. I will also be sharing a few photos on my Facebook page so please check that out and "Like" my page and also check out the Band's, "In Harm's Way", Facebook page as well.


No comments: